Verde Park is a Meritage Homes neighborhood for Winter Garden real estate in Lake County, right on the border with Orange County. This means a short trip east to downtown Winter Garden, west to Clermont or north to Montverde. This Lake County real estate offers true Florida living between Lake Apopka and Johns Lake, with easy connectivity to downtown Orlando and Walt Disney World via Florida's Turnpike.
Verde Park Homes for Sale
Verde Park Homes for Sale
Winter Garden homes for sale in Verde Park range from 2,701 - 5,000+ square feet with three to eight bedrooms among seven one- and two-story model plans. Meritage Homes includes a solar panel system, many insulation materials and more energy-efficient cost-saving features to ensure each resident has an environment suited to her. Community features include a playground, a park and common grounds.
Verde Park is tucked away between charming towns in Central Florida but close enough to Orlando for forays into the big city. Winter Garden's Johns Lake Conservation Area and Oakland Nature Preserve afford locals the chance to enjoy the wildlife of Florida near the water or amid the forest. Just outside the neighborhood entrance, the end of the South Lake Trail meets the beginning of the West Orange Trail, making it an ideal location for cyclists.
Both west and east, shoppers will be able to find quaint shops, major retailers, local restaurants and grocery stores. History buffs can visit the Presidents Hall of Fame in Clermont or the Winter Garden Heritage Museum in Winter Garden, and athletic enthusiasts can visit Clermont's National Training Center, where Team USA often trains. Public schools East Ridge Middle and Grassy Lake Elementary garner high ratings among Lake County Public Schools. Not far west on West Colonial Drive is an abundance of private schools for all grade levels.
Verde Park Community Information
Location: 17999 Gourd Neck Loop, north of West Colonial Drive
Surrounding Lakes: Johns Lake; Lake Apopka
Number of Homesites: 111
Year Built: 2014 - 2016
Square Footage: 2,701 - 5,111
Community Amenities: Common Grounds, Playground, Park
Lake County Area Schools
- Grassy Lake Elementary: Grades PreK - 5th Distance: 5.8 miles
- East Ridge Middle School: Grades 6th - 8th Distance: 4.7 miles
- Lake Minneola High School: Grades 9th - 12th Distance: 5.3 miles
- Montverde Academy: Grades Pre-K - 12th Distance: 4.8 miles
- Land of Lakes Montessori School: Grades Pre-K - 5th Distance: 4.8 miles
- Real Life Christian Academy: Grades Pre-K - 12th Distance: 5.5 miles
Dining and Shopping
- East Towne Center with Grocery Store - Distance: 1.9 miles
- Downtown Winter Garden shops and restaurants - Distance: 4.9 miles
- Winter Garden Village at Fowler Groves Shopping Center with Super Target - Distance: 6.8 miles
- Restaurant Row - Distance: 19 miles
- The Mall at Millenia, Retail Shopping Centers, & BJ's Wholesale Club - Distance: 17.7 miles
- Downtown Orlando - Distance: 18.6 miles
Parks and Recreation
- Oakland Nature Preserve - Distance: 2 miles
- National Training Center - Distance: 3.8 miles
- Johns Lake Conservation Area with fishing, canoeing - Distance: 5.1 miles
- West Orange Country Club - Distance: 9 miles
- Walt Disney World - Distance: 14.5 miles
- South Lake Hospital - Distance: 4.9 miles
- AdventHealth Winter Garden - Distance: 7.2 miles
- OrlandoHealth Central Hospital - Distance: 8.8 miles
*Distances are approximately measured from Verde Park community entrance.