Welcome to Metcalf Park, a Windermere community of single-family homes in old Windermere on the shores of Lake Butler’s Wauseon Bay. Offering a rare opportunity for luxurious lakefront Windermere real estate, Metcalf Park lies fourteen miles west of Downtown Orlando. With a cozy city center reminiscent of times gone by, this prized location is also convenient to major roadways and highways 429, 408, and the Florida Turnpike. Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld are easily accessible. Multiple area shopping centers offer retail venues, large and small, as well as a variety of dining choices and everyday necessities. Local Orange County Public Schools are excellent, and the sense of community is readily apparent. Windermere homes for sale in this location don’t last long, recognized for the gem that they are.
Metcalf Park Homes for Sale
Metcalf Park Homes for Sale
Metcalf Park lies between Lake Butler Blvd and South Lake Butler Blvd., truly “among the Lakes.” On the shores of the beloved Butler Chain of Lakes, Metcalf Park is a small community of approximately seventy-seven custom homes. The earliest residences date back to the mid 1950s, while development has continued quietly through the decades and continues today when an opportunity is available. Many homes are lakefront, and all enjoy private lake access, spacious lots, lush mature landscaping, and towering aged Oak trees. These homes are designed by various estate home builders where craftsmanship and attention to detail are the norm. With between three and six bedrooms, Metcalf Park homes offer custom upgrades in spacious estate designs. Striking central living areas fully utilize stunning lakefront views and secluded homesite features. Gourmet kitchens provide high-end appliances and loads of storage, while many homes offer multiple ensuites and even second or third primary bedroom suites. Buyers can find in-law cottages, games rooms, home theaters and gyms, and outdoor features like a private beach or custom boat house with an electric boat lift.
Windermere Recreation Area has three tennis courts, a picnic area, and a dock stretching out onto Lake Cresent and steps away along Park Ave. The Orlando Area Rowing Society is nearby, with competitive rowing opportunities for all ages. The charming downtown of Windermere hosts a weekly farmers market and a monthly food truck night. Nearby Winter Garden Village is a well-appointed outdoor shopping mall, and Plantation Grove Shopping Center, a short distance up Maguire Rd, is home to Publix supermarket, UPS, and other necessities. This area has golf courses, community parks, and popular local destinations like the YMCA and the West Orange movie theater.
Take advantage of the opportunity to see all that makes Metcalf Park real estate unique.
- Location: Lake Butler Blvd and South Lake Butler Blvd
- Number of Homesites: 77
- Year(s) Built: 1953 - 2023
- HOA: No, key fee for private boat ramp access
- Square Footage: 1,700 - 10,000
Orange County Public Schools
- Windermere Elementary: Grades Pre-K - 5th Distance: 0.5 miles
- Gotha Middle School: Grades 6th - 8th Distance: 3 miles
- Olympia High School: Grades 9th - 12th Distance: 3 miles
Dining and Shopping
- Publix Supermarket at Plantation Grove with UPS and dining - Distance: 2 miles
- Downtown Windermere with library and weekly farmers market - Distance: 1 mile
- Aldi supermarket - Distance: 4.5 miles
- Downtown Winter Garden - Distance: 6.5 miles
- Winter Garden Village with Target, Marshalls and Lowes - Distance: 5 miles
- Restaurant Row - Distance: 6.5 miles
- The Mall at Millenia, Retail Shopping Centers, & BJ's Wholesale Club - Distance: 8 miles
- Orlando International Premium Outlets - Distance: 8.5 miles
- Downtown Orlando - Distance: 13.5 miles
Parks and Recreation
- Bill Fredrick Park and Pool - Distance: 5 miles
- Isleworth Golf & Country Club - Distance: 3 miles
- Roper YMCA Family Center - Distance: 3.5 miles
- Freedom Park - Distance: 1.5 miles
- West Orange Five Cinema - Distance: 3 miles
- Fun Spot - Distance: 8 miles
- SeaWorld - Distance: 10.5 miles
- Universal Orlando Resort - Distance: 7.5 miles
- Walt Disney World Resort - Distance: 10 miles
- Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital: Distance - 4 miles
- Advent Health Winter Garden - Distance: 5 miles
- CareSpot Urgent Care of Ocoee - MetroWest - Distance: 3.5 miles
- Orlando International Airport - Distance: 22.5 miles
*Distances are approximately measured from the Metcalf Park community entrance.