Lake Down Shores is a singular lakefront enclave off Hempel Ave in Windermere, Florida. Positioned on the waters of beautiful Lake Down, Windermere real estate is highly sought-after for its central location, excellent schools, and community amenities. Only 12 miles West of Downtown Orlando, this unique community is close to the quaint charms of downtown Windermere, the upscale shopping and dining of Dr. Phillips, and the everyday conveniences of The Grove at Windermere. With major roadways and highways 408 and the Florida Turnpike nearby, Disney, Universal, and other Central Florida attractions are easily accessible. Excellent local schools are located nearby, providing quality pre-K through high school education.
Lake Down Shores Homes for Sale
Lake Down Shores Homes for Sale
Lake Down Shores is an intimate community of only 50 single-family homes. This community boasts custom homes, many on lakefront lots, with spacious grounds and mature landscaping. Most homes in Lake Down Shores were built between 1974 and 2007 and designed by individual builders for original homeowners. Occasionally, a rare lot within this community will become available, and some stunning new custom homes as well. With three to six bedrooms and up to six baths, all homes showcase quality, craftsmanship, and attention to detail. These homes include looked-for design features like spacious primary suites with walk-in closets, kitchens with high-end appliances that are a chef's dream, and light-filled central living spaces with flow-through designs that take advantage of their beautiful setting. Outdoor living spaces include custom private swimming pools, outdoor kitchens, plenty of room to play, and even private docks. The community offers HOA members a private boat ramp found within the community on Maywood Drive.
Located just south of Gotha, Lake Down Shores residents can turn north on Hemple Ave to enjoy a delicious meal at local favorite Yellow Dog Eats or visit the tiny local post office. To the South, continue to Apopka Vineland Rd and find quick dining, shopping, and daily necessities. Nearby, Downtown Windermere is home to the library, a weekly farmers market, and popular community events. Multiple golf courses are located in the surrounding area, and lush community parks like Bill Fredrick Community Park offer excellent amenities. Restaurant Row is only a few miles away, with an eclectic selection of dining choices.
Take advantage of the opportunity to see all that makes Lake Down Shores real estate special.
- Location: Midsummer Dr at Hemple Ave & Ambleside Dr
- Number of Homesites: 50
- Year(s) Built: 1974 - 2023
- HOA: Yes
- Square Footage: 2,100 - 6,500+
- Community Amenities: Private Boat Ramp
Orange County Public Schools
- Thornebrooke Elementary: Grades Pre-K - 5th Distance: 2 miles
- Gotha Middle School: Grades 6th - 8th Distance: 2 miles
- Olympia High School: Grades 9th - 12th Distance: 2 miles
Dining and Shopping
- Publix Supermarket at The Grove with fitness, medical offices dining, and retail - Distance: 2.5 miles
- Publix Supermarket at Plantation Grove with UPS and dining - Distance: 2.5 miles
- The Fresh Market - Distance: 3 miles
- Downtown Windermere with library and weekly farmers market - Distance: 4 miles
- Walmart neighborhood center with pool store and quick dining - Distance: 2 miles
- Downtown Winter Garden - Distance: 7.5 miles
- Restaurant Row - Distance: 6 miles
- The Mall at Millenia, Retail Shopping Centers, & BJ's Wholesale Club - Distance: 7.5 miles
- Orlando International Premium Outlets - Distance: 7.5 miles
- Downtown Orlando - Distance: 12 miles
Parks and Recreation
- Bill Fredrick Park and Pool - Distance: 4 miles
- Dr Phillips YMCA Family Center - Distance: 5 miles
- Freedom Park - Distance: 2 miles
- Nerhling Gardens - Distance: 1.5 miles
- West Orange Five Cinema - Distance: 3.5 miles
- SeaWorld - Distance: 11 miles
- Universal Orlando Resort - Distance: 6.5 miles
- Walt Disney World Resort - Distance: 12 miles
- Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital: Distance - 3 miles
- Advent Health Winter Garden - Distance: 6 miles
- CareSpot Urgent Care of Ocoee - MetroWest - Distance: 4 miles
- Orlando International Airport - Distance: 21.5 miles
*Distances are approximately measured from the Lake Down Shores community entrance.