Deciding to Sell Your Orlando Home
Once you have decided to place your Orlando home for sale, a first priority should be to clarify your motivations, and draw up a basic time frame for the selling process.
1. Why Sell My House? Why do you want to sell your house? Do you intend to simply, find a larger Orlando estate home, or do you plan on moving to another neighborhood, school district, city or state? Initially you might think your reasons are obvious, but it will benefit you to consider the implications of all options for your lifestyle, opportunities and finances. Being clear about your intentions for selling will make it easier for your Orlando real estate agent to determine the most appropriate option for your specified financial, lifestyle and Orlando real estate goals.
2. When Should I Sell? Establish your desired time frame for selling. By hiring Jeffrey Funk, you will have an edge on the competition by gaining knowledgeable representation who will review the current Central Florida market conditions and assist you with finding the most favorable time to sell.
3. What is the Current Condition of the Central Florida Market? When you work with our agents, you can be sure that you will have the agents knowledge, expertise and negotiating skills at work for you to arrive at the best market prices and terms. Jeffrey Funk will keep you up-to-date on what is happening in the marketplace, price, financing, and terms and conditions of competing properties. With our Team, you will know exactly how to price, and when to sell your Orlando home.
4. How Do I Optimize My Finances? Deciding to sell your home demands a serious consideration of your current financial situation and future possibilities. With the help of Jeffrey Funk and his Team, you will be able to effectively assess the cumulative impact of these changes, estimate potential proceeds of selling your Central Florida luxury home, and plan effective tax savings and estate planning strategies. We will ensure that you not only take control of your finances, but use them to their fullest potential.
When the time arrives to buy or sell real estate, obtain the home value you deserve with the assistance of a skilled Realtor® on your side. Please feel free to CONTACT US to discuss your next home sale.
Selecting an Orlando Real Estate Agent
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when choosing an Orlando Real Estate Listing Agent:
1. Experience and Expertise. You should choose a full-time agent who is familiar with the Central Florida market, and with the type of property you intend to sell. Does he or she employ a diverse range of marketing and advertising strategies? How tech-savvy is your agent? How many similar properties has he been able to sell in the past?
2. Availability and Commitment. Your agent should be capable of prompt and decisive action during the course of selling your home. Do they make it a point to keep in touch with you constantly? Can they easily be contacted in case of emergencies, or even for the simplest questions?
3. Rapport. Do they take the time out to listen to your goals and clarify your needs? Can they understand your unique situation and be genuinely concerned about the outcome of the process? When selecting Jeffrey Funk, he will be your guide every step of the way, providing you the support you will need, during this crucial decision.
To gain more detailed information about Jeffrey, please visit our About Jeffrey Funk page. Also, please feel free to read through some of our most recent Jeffrey Funk Testimonials.
Preparation for Selling an Orlando Home
There are several things you can do to make a lasting impression on potential buyers, as well as increase the appeal and value of your Orlando home for sale.
1. Curb Appeal. Keep your landscape pristine. Add creative touches to your yard such as colorful annuals, fresh mulch, and potted plants. Any of these items can create an immediate and lasting impact on potential buyers.
2. Home Repairs. Completing appropriate exterior and interior repairs, polishing doorknobs, having your carpets professionally cleaned, or a fresh coat of paint are all examples that can instantly brighten up your home.
3. Cleanliness and Staging. Keep your home uncluttered, sweet-smelling, and well-lit from top to bottom. Pay attention to details: put away the kitty litter, place a vase of fresh flowers in the hall, pop a batch of cinnamon rolls in the oven, turn on every light, and open all window treatments. Speak with your Real Estate Agent prior to the first showing, to discuss an individualized plan that will improve the staging of your Central Florida home further.
Additional Home Staging Information: The Top 10 Home Staging Tips Every Central Florida Home Seller Should Consider
Accepting An Offer on Your Orlando Home
1. The Price Isn't Always Right. "The higher the price, the better the offer." Do not let yourself be fooled by this popular misconception. Price is not always the primary determining factor in choosing among multiple offers, for several important reasons: the initial offer is often not the final offer, and there are a number of terms and conditions that may influence the final outcome of the deal.
2. Negotiating The Right Way. Jeffrey Funk and his Team take the ethical responsibility of fairly and strategically negotiating contractual terms very seriously. It is our job to find a win-win agreement that is beneficial to all parties involved. Oftentimes you will have to consider multiple offers before accepting the offer you judge to be the most suitable for you. As your agents we will guarantee a thorough and objective assessment of all offers to assist you with making the right choice.
3. The Initial Agreement and Deposit. Once an offer is ratified, the home seller and buyer will agree upon the amount for the good faith deposit and establishment of an escrow account. This process reflects the buyer's intention to purchase your property and ensures that no funds or property will change hands until all terms and conditions in the transaction are upheld.
4. Keep these tips in mind to streamline the process even further:
Keep written records of everything. For the sake of clarity, it will be extremely useful to transcribe all verbal agreements of everything from counter-offers and addendum's, and convert them to written agreements to be signed by both parties. We will assist you in drafting addendum's in your contract to ensure you have all the bases covered.
Stick to the schedule. Now that you have chosen to accept an offer, you and the buyer will be given a timetable to mark every stage in the process of closing the real estate contract. Meeting the requirements on time, ensures a smoother flow of negotiations. During the process we will keep you constantly updated so you will remain informed and will always be prepared for the next step.
Escrow, Inspections, & Appraisal
1. The Title Company: The buyer selects a title company, whose job it is to examine and insure the title. After researching the complete recorded history of your Orlando property, they will certify that 1) your title is free and clear of encumbrances (mortgages, leases, or restrictions) by the date of closing, and 2) all new encumbrances are duly included in the title. The title company will draw up a preliminary report at the end of the process, which your real estate agent will review with you in detail.
2. Contingencies: A contingency is a condition that must be met before a contract becomes legally binding. For instance, a Orlando home buyer will usually include a contingency stating that their contract is binding only when there is a satisfactory home inspection report from a qualified inspector.
Before completing the purchase of your property, the home buyer reviews every aspect of the property, as provided for by purchase agreements, including:
- Obtaining financing and insurance
- Reviewing all pertinent documents, such as preliminary title reports and disclosure documents
- Inspecting the property. The buyer has the right to determine the condition of your property by subjecting it to a wide range of inspections, such as roof, termite/pest, chimney/fireplace, property boundary survey, well, septic, pool/spa, arborist or mold.
Depending on the outcome of the inspection, one of two things may happen:
- Each milestone is successfully achieved and the contingencies of the contact will be removed.
- The buyer, after reviewing the property and the papers, requests a renegotiation of the terms of contract.
How do you respond objectively and fairly to the buyer when a renegotiation is demanded? This is when Jeffrey Funk, a professional Orlando listing agent, can make a real difference in the outcome of the transaction. Having dealt with various property sales, we guarantee our expertise and total commitment to every client.
3. Loan Approval and Appraisal. We suggest that you accept buyers who have a lender's pre-approval letter, which is a better guarantee of loan approval than a pre-qualification. Expect an appraiser from the lender's company to review your property and verify that the sales price is appropriate.
Buying Your Next Orlando Property
1. Buying Your Next Central Florida Luxury Home: Now that the transaction on your home sale is well on your way to a successful close, it is time to start preparing for your next home purchase.
As your trusted real estate partner, we are ready to help you articulate and prioritize your goals for this next project. Jeffrey Funk will get you off to a good start by finding the best interim arrangement for you while you are in between homes, or assist you with with finding your next Orlando home.
Close of Escrow
When you have come this far, it means only one thing: congratulations, you have successfully sold your Orlando home! Don't forget to tie up these final loose ends:
1. Final Walk-Through Inspection. More of a formality than anything else, the final inspection takes place a few days before the transaction is closed. The buyer visits your property to verify that all is in working order. You will be signing papers to certify that the property was sold in satisfactory condition.
2. Cancel Home Services and Utilities. Be sure to terminate all home services and utilities as of the date of the closing. For a list of contacts to assist you with the termination of your Orlando home services and utilities, please visit our Orlando Area Resources page.
3. Closing. The title company furnishes the principals with a closing statement, which summarizes all the financial transactions enacted in the process. At closing you and the buyer will sign the final documents for the title company. The title company will record the transaction for you and the buyer at the County Recorder's Office. At closing you will receive your proceeds, and the buyer will become the new owner.