Orlando Home Buyers Process
The purchase of an Orlando home is probably one of the biggest financial decisions you will ever make. Whether this is your first Central Florida home purchase in any of the Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Winter Park, Lake Mary, or Longwood markets, or you are moving up to a different home that better meets your needs, this decision must be made carefully.
Determining Your Needs - Buyers Consultation
1. Define your Orlando Home Needs: Why Do You Want To Buy? Have you outgrown your current home? Would you like a larger yard? Would you rather live in a different area? Do you want to shorten your commute? Are you looking for Orlando Lakefront Homes For Sale? Or maybe you are in search of the peaceful setting of an Orlando Golf Community. Defining your needs and goals will help you throughout the buying process, and it will assist your Orlando Real Estate Agent with the process of finding the perfect home for you.
2. Establish you Budget: What can you afford to buy? Central Florida home ownership is a great investment. The tax benefits of home ownership can also provide considerable advantages to you. Prepare yourself by defining your budget prior to contacting your Orlando Real Estate Agent. With this determination, you will have taken an important step in streamlining the search for your Orlando home or estate.
Preparation for Buying an Orlando Home
1. Build your 'Green File': A green file contains all your important financial documents. You will need it should you decide to obtain financing for your new Orlando home purchase. The typical green file should contain the following financial information:
- Bank Accounts, Investments, Credit Card Account Information, Auto Loans, Recent Pay Stubs, Tax Returns for Two Years
2. Review your Credit Rating: Should you require financing for your Orlando Real Estate purchase, your credit score will have an impact on the type of home you can buy, as well as the the price. A premium interest rate may mean a lower interest rate on your mortgage. Review your credit rating with a credit reporting agency such as Equifax, Experian, or Trans Union.
3. Understand the Numbers: It is important to gain an understanding as to how much you can afford, as well as what that number means to your monthly and annual bottom line. For assistance with mortgage calculation, please visit our Mortgage Calculator.
Choosing an Orlando Real Estate Agent
Here are a few factors to keep in mind while choosing an Orlando Real Estate Buyers Agent:
1. Buying an Orlando Home For Sale: It is in your benefit to have an professional expert in your corner when embarking on such a large purchase. Jeffrey Funk and his Team of Orlando real estate experts can seamlessly guide you through the process, and we can also provide you with access to Orlando Property Listings prior to the listing being released to the general market.
2. Choosing an Orlando Real Estate Agent: Here are a few important factors to consider when choosing your real estate agent:
- Look for a full-time agent who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Does the agent specialize in the Orlando area you are interested in?
- Ask how much time the agent will have to assist you?
- Ask about their credentials and education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain current knowledge of the latest real estate trends.
- Ask for a list of homes the agent has sold and/or a list of references.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns.
- Choose an agent with whom you feel comfortable communicating with.
To gain more detailed information about Jeffrey, please visit our About Jeffrey Funk page. Also, please feel free to read through some of our most recent Jeffrey Funk Testimonials.
Shopping for Orlando Homes for Sale
Once you have completed your preparations, it is now time to find the Central Florida home of your dreams.
1. Take a Drive: Get to know the Orlando Communities you are interested in. Drive around and get a feel for what it would be like to live in each of the areas. This step will assist you with gaining a better knowledge of the surrounding offerings such as: Orlando Area Schools and Educational Information, parks, Central Florida Theme Parks, entertainment opportunities, local commerce, and hospitals.
2. Narrow your search: Select a few homes that interest you and have your real estate agent request appointments to visit them. Discuss the potential re-sale value of the Orlando home you are considering with your agent.
3. Time to Buy: Once you have chosen the Orlando home of your dreams, Jeffrey Funk and his Team will assist you with the submission and negotiation of the offer.
Escrow, Inspections, & Appraisal
1. Title Company and Escrow Holder: Jeffrey Funk and his Team will assist you with selecting a title company which acts as a neutral third party holding all instruments, including the funds and the deed. The title company will research the complete recorded history of the property, to insure that the title is free and clear of encumbrances by the date of closing and that all new encumbrances are properly added to the title. Some properties are subject to restrictions which limit various activities from building to parking restrictions. There may be recorded easements and encroachments, where others have limited rights to use your property.
2. How to Hold Title: You may wish to consult with an attorney or tax advisor on the best way to hold title. Different methods of holding title have different legal, estate and tax implications, especially when selling or upon death of the title holder.
3. Central Florida Home Inspections: Once your offer is accepted by the seller, you will need to have professional inspectors evaluate your home's major systems. Jeffrey Funk can recommend other inspections, such as roof, chimney/fireplace, property boundary survey, well, septic, pool/spa, arborist or mold.
4. Appraisal and Lending: Keep in close communication with your lender, who will let you know when additional documents are needed to approve your loan application and fund your loan. The lender will often send an appraiser out to the property and you may pay a fee for this service. Appraisers are specialists in determining the value of properties, based on a combination of square footage measurements, building costs, and recent sales of comparable properties. When you are within two weeks of closing, double check with your lender to be sure the loan will go through smoothly and on time.
Moving Into Your Orlando Home
The most challenging part is behind you, but there are a few more steps before you can move in to your new Orlando home.
1. Final Inspection: A few days before you take over the property, there will be one final walk through inspection to make sure everything is in order.
2. Utilities and Services: You will have to change the utilities and services of the house over to your name. Please visit our helpful Orlando Area Resources page for a list of all local utility companies.
3. Closing Escrow: When your transaction is nearly completed, the title company will provide you with a "closing statement" that details all of the financial details of your home purchase. Your real estate agent will go over this with you to ensure its accuracy. At the last step in the buying process, the title company will have you sign the final documents, including loan documents ("deeds of trust"). When everything is complete, the title company will record the transaction for you at the County Assessor's Office, and you will become the official new owner of a beautiful Central Florida home.
Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of amazing Central Florida Real Estate!