The historic 1890 Windermere Schoolhouse, located at 113 West Seventh Avenue, Windermere, FL in the 34786 zip code, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003. Also known as the Armstrong Parramore House, the schoolhouse was built in 1890, renovated around the year 2000, and is the oldest historical site in Windermere.
The building served the community as a schoolhouse until 1916. The structure was also utilized as a community center, holding social and religious events, as well as a voting center and meeting place for the Town of Windermere Woman's Club.
In 1995, the schoolhouse structure and land was donated to the Town of Windermere by Manuel "Perry" & Eunice Armstong Parramore. Today, the schoolhouse remains situated on the original plot of land as it was first constructed on. The 1890 Windermere Schoolhouse is the last remaining historic schoolhouse in all of Orange County, Florida.