Colonialtown is an eclectic urban community only a few miles northeast of Downtown Orlando in the Milk District. Real Estate in Colonialtown is sought after by many looking to enjoy proximity to all the city has to offer while living in an established historic neighborhood. Colonialtown residents have all the advantages of Orlando’s rich cultural offerings with an array of museums, theaters, shopping venues, and award-winning dining establishments. Homes for sale in Colonialtown also offer an opportunity to explore all the local neighborhood features of this hidden gem. The I-4 highway, stretching across Central Florida, is a beltway to Orlando area attractions as well as trips to either coast. With connections to several major highways, this location is convenient to destinations throughout Florida. Neighborhood Orange County Public Schools are highly rated and provide quality education for students from PreK-High School.
Colonialtown Homes for Sale
Colonialtown Homes for Sale
2204 Vivada Street
1219 Park Lake Street
919 Floral Drive
1917 E Concord Street
2211 Oregon Street
1418 East Amelia Street
1407 Illinois Street
1407 Illinois Street
East Robinson Street borders the region of Colonialtown to the south, Corrine Dr and Rowena Gardens to the north, N. Mills street to the west, and N. Bumby Avenue to the east. Colonialtown is divided into two sections by East Colonial Drive, making up Colonialtown North and Colonialtown South. Developed over many years, homes for sale in Colonialtown come in a diverse range of architectural styles. As times changed, so did home styles. Bungalows, Mediterranean Revival, Mission, Tudor Revival, Prairie, and Minimal Traditional, are a few of the recognizable styles common to the area. Properties most commonly contain between 2-3 bedrooms. However, both pocket-sized one-bedroom homes as well as larger four and even five-bedroom family homes are along the quiet brick streets. Both Colonialtown North and Colonialtown South are highly walkable, and residents can enjoy walking to the myriad of local restaurants, tapas bars, taprooms, and craft cocktail bars and cafes.
Colonialtown residents take great pride in their community, having worked on researching local home histories and achieving official historic status for their neighborhood. The Milk District is a cultural hub of music venues with a thriving arts scene complete with colorful murals and distinctive galleries. Check out Mills 50, known as the intersection for creativity and culture. Hip independent shops and varied ethnic dining opportunities round out this vibrant local treasure. Local parks and lakes provide opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. The nearby 45 acre Loch Haven Park serves as the cultural center of Orlando with several varied museums and theaters, and the historic Henry P. Leu Gardens is a 50 acre public garden of meandering trails, landscaped grounds, and 200-year-old majestic oaks.
All of Central Florida’s conveniences and attractions are easily within reach of Colonialtown’s central location. Walt Disney World and Universal Studios are a quick drive down the highway, and Orlando International Airport is easily accessible. Residents love the world-class shopping and dining venues throughout the area. Schedule a time to come and see Colonialtown’s distinctive charm.
Colonialtown Community Information
- Location: Bordered by E. Robinson Rd to the South, Corrine Dr to the North, N. Mills Ave. to the West and N. Bumby Ave. to the East.
- Year(s) Built: 1920’s - 2020
- Square Footage: 850 - 3,000+
- Community Amenities: Colonialtown Neighborhood Center with Playground, multi-purpose room, computer lab, game room, swimming pool. City of Orlando programs including day and summer camps and after school programs.
Orange County Area Schools
- Audubon Park School - K-8 Distance: 1.4 miles
- Edgewater High School - Grades 9th - 12th Distance: 3.5 miles
Colonialtown South (measured from Ataloma Ave & E Amelia St)
- Lake Como School - K-8 - Distance: 2 miles
- Edgewater High School - Grades 9th-12th - Distance: 4.5 miles
Dining and Shopping
- Publix Super Market at Colonialtown - Distance: 0.5 miles
- Colonial Marketplace with Target and Dining- Distance: 1.5 miles
- The Fresh Market - Distance: 1 mile
- Trader Joe’s - Distance: 3 miles
- Restaurant Row - Distance: 13 miles
- The Mall at Millenia, Retail Shopping Centers, & BJ's Wholesale Club - Distance: 8.5 miles
- Downtown Winter Park - Distance: 4 miles
- Downtown Orlando - Distance: 2 miles
Parks and Recreation
- Lake Ivanhoe Park with wakeboarding and waterskiing - Distance: 1.5 miles
- Lake Druid Park with mountain biking facilities, trails, sand volleyball court, and dog run - Distance: 1 mile
- Dubdread Golf Course - Distance: 3.5 miles
- Henry P Lue Gardens Botanical Gardens with walking paths and topical classes - Distance: 1 mile
- Loch Haven Park with museums and theaters - Distance: 1.5 miles
- Orlando Science Center - Distance 1.5 miles
- Walt Disney World - Distance: 20 miles
- Universal Studios - Distance: 13 miles
- AdventHealth Medical Campus - Distance: 2 miles
- Orlando Regional Medical Center - Distance: 4 miles
*Distances are approximately measured from The intersection of Morris Ave. and Canton St.