Yesterday we discussed how to price your home in a buyers market. Today we will focus on giving your home great curb appeal in order to attract buyers.
The first thing that buyers see when looking at homes is the outside. You can never get another chance at a first impression. Make sure your home has curb appeal. Your house may be beautiful on the inside but if the outside is not kept up buyers may decide that they do not like your house before even stepping a foot inside. If you are planning on placing your house on the market then make sure that the outside of your house is in tip top shape. Take a walk across the street and take a look at your house from a buyer prospective.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Does the house need paint?
- Is the lawn well manicured and does it look healthy?
- Do the shrubs and other landscaping need to be trimmed?
- Could you use a small flower bed to make the outside friendlier?
- How about the roof on your house? Here in Orlando, Florida many roofs get stained with mildew over time. If so then have your roof cleaned (do not pressure wash the roof. This will take years off of the life of the shingles)
- Are the kids toys lying all over the place?
- Do the driveway and sidewalks need to be pressure washed?
Make sure that the walkways are clean and free of debris and the front porch is in tip top shape. Check your doorbell and locks to ensure that they all work properly. You do not want the realtor to have trouble opening the door and banging on the door because one of these items is not working properly. Buyers may think that the home is in need of a lot of repair before they walk in. Is the door handle tarnished? Then polish it or replace it.
Taking some time to give your house some extra curb appeal can be invaluable when trying to sell your home in today's real estate market. Having the outside of your home look its best will not only help with people already interested in your home it will attract more potential buyers. Tomorrow we will take a look at the inside of your home.
For more information regarding the above web blog, please contact Jeffrey Funk at 407-438-4028 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeffrey G. Funk, P.A.
Realty Executives Central Florida
7932 West Sand Lake Road • Suite 302
Orlando, FL 32819